STX Guider Issue

Discussion in 'STX and STXL Series Cameras' started by David Miller, Jun 17, 2016.

1. David Miller

David Miller Cyanogen Customer

My setup is a STX-16803 camera with new STX Guider. The camera works fine, but the STX Guider never downloads the image. I've tried the internal guider as well and have the same problem.

I've read the prior post that is similar to this issue. I have the latest version of MaxIm DL installed (6.13), the latest version of SBIG Driver Checker and the latest version of CCDOps.

I have ran Driver Checker a couple of times, checking both Windows drivers and firmware, and everything reports up-to-date. The camera just came back from a service checkup with Bill and he made sure all the firmware was up to date.

I have tried operating the guider from both MaxIm DL and CCDOps. I have tried the internal guider and the remote STX guider. With either guider, MaxIm says "Reading CCD camera" and never finishes, and in CCDOps the progress bar gets to the end and just hangs. This is a Windows 10 environment. I have rebooted the PC several time and power cycled the camera.

What can I try next?

Thanks, Dave

2. Adam Robichaud

Adam Robichaud Lead Developer Staff Member

We've identified an issue with cameras operating the incorrect shutter, and we're working on a fix as I type this. More on that very soon.

3. David Miller

David Miller Cyanogen Customer

I was able to get things working. After powering off the camera, I unplugged and re-plugged all cables on the camera -- HDMI, Power, USB, Filter wheel. After powering back up, both internal and remote STX guides are taking and downloading images. Not sure how this would change things. I will test on stars tonight.

4. Adam Robichaud

Adam Robichaud Lead Developer Staff Member

It could have been a bad connection of some description... Rx Timeouts (sometimes, though certainly not desirably, responsible for hangs) can happen because of signal losses, and reseating connections can resolve that.

Let us know how it goes, and if you experience any more issues.