Resolved STXL 11002 with Guiding Filter Wheel - unable to get an image on the guider chip

Discussion in 'Legacy Models - Community Support' started by mike cadwell, Sep 7, 2019.

1. mike cadwell

mike cadwell Cyanogen Customer

Hello, I am having trouble getting any kind of image on the guide chip of the STXL11002. I have moved the guide mirror of the FW8G-STXL as far as I can into the light path and even shined a flashlight into the scope but the guide image that shows up has all pixel values as zero, as if no image has been taken at all. The imaging chip is fine and takes normal images, it's just the guide chip that is the trouble. I believe all of my software setting are correct so I'm not sure if this is a hardware or software problem. Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks, Mike Cadwell

2. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

Check that you have Dual Chip selected, and that you have selected the External remote guide head.

3. mike cadwell

mike cadwell Cyanogen Customer

Colin, thanks a lot for your help. I believe I clicked on the Internal guider by mistake. Everything works now (except, of course the clouds are still here!)
    Thanks again, Mike Cadwell