Resolved STXL 6303E Filter issues with FW8G STXL

Discussion in 'Filter Wheels' started by chris B, Apr 4, 2017.

1. chris B

chris B Cyanogen Customer

Hi all,

Have seen some issues on the forum about this but my problem is similar in that the motor does return a time out report but makes a sort of buzz buzz buzz noise and the filter wheel does not turn or occasionally will turn the filter wheel part of a turn.

I have tried slacking off the drive belt but still will not turn the filters.

Any ideas please but I am not too technical or an engineer but basic skills!

Live in the UK so not always online to give a quick reply.

2. chris B

chris B Cyanogen Customer

Hi all,

Well after further investigation and a surprise rattle noise I found a small grub screw.

This fell out when I turned over the filter/camera and then I thought I wonder if that has come from the filter wheel somewhere?
    Well, yes indeed it had and it was from the motor wheel spindle which has two but both missing.
    It was a question of fitting the grub screw back and then with more shaking around I heard the other one in the camera somewhere deep, but after some time and a bit like getting the ball to the middle in those crazy puzzles it fell out and is now back on the motor spindle. All working well and just need to get another set of Flats then can get back to some imaging.

All the best,
    Chris

3. Doug

Doug Staff Member

Sorry for the trouble and glad you got it sorted.