STXL thread

Discussion in 'STX and STXL Series Cameras' started by Iaffaldano Giuseppe C, Oct 5, 2016.

1. Iaffaldano Giuseppe C

Iaffaldano Giuseppe C Cyanogen Customer

I read that the Sbig STXL model have the accessory plate on the front cover of the camera that has a 3” threaded aperture (3.00-24 UN- 2B); as i have a Gemini focuser rotator i need to build an adapter from Precisepart so i need to know if 3.00-24 UN- 2B matches with the generic 3-24 thread device in other word i want know which thread has the STXL model; this in case i should purchase a STXL camera.

Thanks.

Carmine

2. Doug

Doug Staff Member

Just use the PreciseParts design wizard. It "knows" the Gemini focuser rotator and the SBIG STXL (thread, bolted, and dovetail). He's already figured all that out for you.

I went through the wizard, selected a 1" length, and it came up with: Custom adapter, Optec Gemini rotating focuser to SBIG STX/STXL camera (thread), L=1.000 in. Item #: BCEB482F $196.00

3. Iaffaldano Giuseppe C

Iaffaldano Giuseppe C Cyanogen Customer

this adapter come out with a dovetail from Optec Gemini focuser and a thread (3-24 ) for Sbig STXL camera, in the middle a body of 1" inc. that i conder useless; instead of it can i also build an adapter having a body less large?

4. William B

William B Cyanogen Customer

Hello Giuseppe.

You can order any length of adaptor you want, the adaptor is made specially for you to your requirements. Precise Parts do not keep items on the shelf, each order is machined on demand.

Go to the Precise Parts web site and follow the onscreen instructions: http://www.preciseparts.com/

Follow the instuctions in the images below to build your adaptor:

Precise Parts page 1.jpg
    Precise Parts page 2.jpg