STXL16200 Carrying Case

Discussion in 'STX and STXL Series Cameras' started by Mike Hambrick, Jan 17, 2019.

1. Mike Hambrick

Mike Hambrick Cyanogen Customer

I have a chance to go to a location with really dark skies, and I would like to take my STXL16200 along. Unfortunately, the Pelican case that comes with the camera is too small for the camera with the FW8G-STXL attached. Can Diffraction Limited offer a larger case that will allow the camera with filter wheel (and the AO for good measure) to fit ?

2. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

I can look into that, and will let you know if we have a solution.
    If you're driving to a dark site, ok.
    My concern would be it would not meet carry-on restrictions for airlines which is a consideration for some customers.
    You might try a professional camera store or check out Pelican Air or Nanuk hard cases with pluckble foam.

3. Mike Hambrick

Mike Hambrick Cyanogen Customer

Thanks Colin.
    I am pretty sure that the case that came with my STXL16200 ultimate package is a Pelican case. It may be a custom model built for SBIG because I don't see any models that match the internal dimensions (20"L X 14"W X 7"D). The STXL 16200 camera by itself measures about 6"L X 6"W X 6"D with the factory nose piece attached. When the FW8G-STXL is attached the dimensions are 11"L X 8-1/2"W X 7-3/8"D. I think a Pelican 1610 case would hold everything (21.78"L X 16.69"W X 10.62"D), but it may be too big to use as carry-on luggage.

4. Doug

Doug Staff Member