Support for Nikon D810A?

Discussion in 'Image Capture' started by Sean Curry, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Sean Curry

Sean Curry Cyanogen Customer

I'm thinking of purchasing a Nikon D810A, and would like to know whether or not it's fully supported in Maxim DL. I'm currently using 6.09.

Thanks, Sean

2. Sean Curry

Any information? Is this the right place to ask? I'm a little puzzled by the complete lack of response to what should be a simple question.

3. Tim

Tim Staff Member

Beta support was added in v6.09. I don't believe we have had enough users try this camera yet to determine if it is stable.

4. Sean Curry

Tim,

Thanks, I'm about to purchase the camera so will report back. Does Beta support at least mean that the camera should connect and take images in Maxim?

5. Tim

Tim Staff Member

Yes, it should connect and take images, however it has only been added to the code. We do not have a camera to physically test it with, so there may be some issues. If you discover any issues, let us know and we will try to get them corrected as quickly as possible.

6. Sean Curry

Will do.

7. Cliff Kotnik

Cliff Kotnik Cyanogen Customer

As a user of version 6.09 I can warn you that the D810 (not A) causes program crashes.

8. Donghun Kim

Donghun Kim Cyanogen Customer

Hi,

I cannot connect my Nikon D810A to Maxim dl 6.10 with following error message:

Error opening camera
    Nikon plug-in could not connect to camera
    Could not initialize Nikon module
    Error selecting source

Is there any way to solve this problem?

Thank you.
    Donghun

9. Owen Lawrence

Owen Lawrence Staff Member

Hi Sean,

Did you ever purchase a D810A?

There is a beta test patch available on our FTP site at ftp://ftp.diffractionlimited.com/pub/CCDPlugNikon_6_09_14.zip. Please download the zip file and copy its contents to your MaxIm DL installation folder (typically C:\Program Files (x86)\Diffraction Limited\MaxIm DL V6). Note: This was tested with V6.10 so you might want to upgrade, though I do think it should work with V6.09.

Please let me know how it performs, especially if you think changes are needed.

- Owen -