tiny icons and small drop down boxes

Discussion in 'Demo User Tech Support' started by Gene T, Jan 19, 2018.

1. Gene T

Gene T Standard User

showing small icons and small drop down boxes on windows 10. Icons did improve
    when checked large box under customize . drop down boxes still small copy under observatory
    status squished together and unreadable

any help appreciated

2. Doug

Doug Staff Member

I'm guessing you have one of those retina displays? (e.g. MacBook under Boot Camp?) Windows doesn't always handle them very well; in particular, it tends to do weird things when you Remote Desktop into the machine.

If that's the case then the simplest solution might be to right-click on the Desktop and select Display Settings, and then change Scale and Layout to 150% (or to taste).

With a bit more work, you can adapt MaxIm DL's screen somewhat. You've already found the Large Icons feature. It's also possible to modify the Status window display, as it's formatted in HTML. Please see the instructions at the bottom of this manual section: http://www.diffractionlimited.com/help/maximdl/Status_Tab.htm

3. Gene T

Gene T Standard User

thanks for your reply. My laptop is a Microsoft Spectre windows 10 with 4k Graphics. I have
    had a similar problem with other programs. I did scale up the display settings and that along
    with checking the large icon box has helped. I will check into your manual recommendation.
    BTW so far impressed with Maxim DL. One program replacing 4.