Turning Of Aox to calibrate in ACP

Discussion in 'Guiding and Adaptive Optics - StarChaser and AO' started by Mark Hanson, Dec 14, 2016.

1. Mark Hanson

Mark Hanson Cyanogen Customer

I have been trying to Calibrate in ACP via the directions it tells me to disable AOX and use the Auto Calibrate script in ACP. But when i click off the AOX calibrate button in ACP it still tries to use AOX and will not calibrate correctly.
    Thanks,

Mark

Attached Files:

2. Doug

Doug Staff Member

Please contact DC3 Dreams support for this.

3. sixburg

sixburg Cyanogen Customer

Mark, just switch to SBIG Universal Driver, do the calibration with the script in ACP (make sure you're at PA 0). All ACP is doing is finding the OAG angle. Once done, switch back to SBIG w/AO driver. Do a locate, and calibrate mount and AO itself...then you should be good to go.

4. Bob Denny

Bob Denny Cyanogen Customer

DC-3 Dreams, SP, Mesa, Arizona +1 480 396 9700
    Thank you for the solution. You are correct. ACP can image multiple targets using an AO rotated at various angles on both sides of the meridian, without any operator intervention.

To do this it must know both the difference between the mechanical rotator angle and the sky PA as well as the guide sensor angle with respect to the main imager. With that, your u have complete freedom.

The observing logic and provided tools and help docs make this pretty easy as long as you follow the directions. I apologize for not making "switch from AO to conventional" more clear.