Unable to add images to a post since move to new servers

Discussion in 'Forum and Web Site Issues' started by William B, Nov 6, 2016.

1. William B

William B Cyanogen Customer

As noted by another user here it seems it is no longer possible to add images to a post, possibly a problem with the new server implementation?

This evening I wanted to reply to another users post and add a screenshot capture image.

From Safari Browser I can reply to a post, choose upload a file, navigate to the file on my desktop (iMac) in .PNG or .JPG format, file size is only 504Kb for .PNG and 815Kb for JPG, Choose the file and a small "loading" animation graphic appears in the message footer where the file icon should appear but after that nothing.

The image image file never appears, no choice to load thumbnail or full image and no error message.

This was working a few weeks ago and nothing has changed at my end since then so is this an issue with your new servers?

Not desperate for an answer as I was only attempting to reply to another user but thought I would raise the issue with you.

( I attempted to load the same image to this post as a test but once again it fails )

Regards.

William.

2. Doug

Doug Staff Member

We haven't moved the forum yet, it's still on the old server. Just the routing changed. But we will look into it.

3. William B

William B Cyanogen Customer

Thanks Doug.

4. jliles01

jliles01 Cyanogen Customer

At least I know it wasn't me. LOL

5. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

It works fine for me.
    colin2.png

6. jliles01

jliles01 Cyanogen Customer

I just tried, Colin. Same symptoms as William posted. Right now, the progress bar is at 100% and no options for thumbnail or full frame. Trying to upload a 500K file. Actually, it's one of the jpgs that you got from my dropbox in the other post.