USB connection problem to STT8300M-- Hardware? Driver? Setting?

Discussion in 'Legacy Models - Community Support' started by rockenrock, Feb 10, 2019.

1. rockenrock

rockenrock Cyanogen Customer

Hi,
    I have suddenly not been able to connect the camera to my laptop using DL6 or CCDOps. This just happened and I have used the same camera successfully several times (after replacement of camera PCB by Bill). I am using a Win 10 laptop.
    Hardware:
    Camera fans running. No LED's on camera are on. I think green LED 1 should be On since camera is powered up by power supply. The power brick measures 12.0Vdc, same as always.
    Driver/Settings:
    I have read some threads here but have been unable to connect. In Device manager I get the "Unknown USB device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)"
    -- I had already disabled Windows Power Management - USB Selective Suspend for all USB in the list.
    -- USB plugged directly to the laptop. Tried different ports. Changed the USB cable.
    -- Check each USB driver is up to date in Device Manager
    -- Downloaded driverchecker64 (Ver 4.05) and updated drivers (before I did above). Of course cannot update firmware since cannot connect.

Switch to a new Win 10 laptop, and tried all above again (but no DL6 or CCDOps installed), getting the same Device Manager error message.

Do you have any other ideas to try? Any other information that might be helpful?
    Thanks,
    Roger

2. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

Hi Roger, sorry to hear this.
    I'll ask Bill to chime in. Sounds like you've done reasonable troubleshooting steps.
    Perhaps there is a problem with the firmware or EEPROM in the camera, but am not sure.
    Anything unusual happen? e.g. was it powered up, working, then failed, or was it put away for a while? Any storms or electrical issues?
    Likely it will have to wait until Monday before we can work on resolving.

3. rockenrock

rockenrock Cyanogen Customer

Hi Colin,
    It took me by surprise. I had used it and put away for a week while cloudy. Next time it would not connect. I focused on the connection settings, and not camera because usually that is the problem. Nothing unusual happened electrically, weather wise, or when connecting or using the camera until the surprise.
    At the end of my checking efforts I noticed the camera LED not working. I also contacted Bill with a message focusing on the LED's once I got to that point.
    So let's see what Monday can show us.
    Thanks,
    Roger