Using my own script to shutdown my observatory

Discussion in 'Scripting and Programming' started by Axel_Is, Nov 9, 2014.

1. Axel_Is

Axel_Is Cyanogen Customer

Hi,
    I want to execute an own software script when receiving a cloud sensor warning. Up to now it seems not to be possible to execute a script as a shutdown command. Is there a possibility to do this or is this feature planned in a later version of Maxim DL?
    Best regards
    Axel

2. Adam Robichaud

Adam Robichaud Staff Member

We don't have that planned at the moment, but it's possible we'll add support for that in the future.

3. Tim

Tim Staff Member

You could write a script that parses the Single Line Data file created by the cloud sensor, but this is not part of MaxIm DL..it would be a stand alone operation that could then use the MaxIm DL COM interface to shutdown MaxIm DL.

For further details, see the Boltwood Cloud Sensor II Users Manual chapter 16.1 on the "Single Line Data File".

4. jerryyyyy

jerryyyyy Cyanogen Customer

I use CCDComander to do this. Parks mount and shuts down camera properly...

5. Chris Rowland

Chris Rowland Standard User

There's an ASCOM Safety monitor driver for the Boltwood, this might simplify monitoring it, The driver has an IsSafe property. If this is False then send a command to close MaxIm.

Chris

6. Tim Carruthers

Tim Carruthers Cyanogen Customer

I am not a programmer.....Can someone show me how to program this .... If IsSafe = False then run Shutdown.vbs ??

Regards,
    Tim