[RESOLVED] STi Timeout error 30007

Discussion in 'Legacy Models - Community Support' started by Paul Bambury, Dec 21, 2016.

1. Paul Bambury

Paul Bambury Standard User

Hi, I am having some very random disconnects that I can't put my finger on. I have pretty much replace all my cables and power supplies and I am running a USB3 powered hub. I get a couple of windows, most noticeably mount disconnect due to poor connection (PMX+), and STi timeout disconnect error 30007. when I get to the mount the green light on the back of the STi is flashing quickly, about 2 times a second.
    If anyone can shed any light on this that would be great.

Thanks
    Paul

2. Tim

Tim Staff Member

Does the same disconnect occur without the hub, and a direct connection to the computer?

3. Paul Bambury

I havent tried outside direct to the laptop as its a little cold right now, but I have tried with my Mount Hub pro, am Astro USB3 heated hub from Kendrick astro and through the USB connections on my versa plate, same issues with all three.

Paul

4. Tim

Tim Staff Member

USB hubs are frequently problematic. You will need to bypass the hubs and test the camera directly.

Have you verified that your drivers are completely up to date with the SBIGDriverChecker software?

What software are you using?

5. Paul Bambury

Hi, I have posted on the SkyX forum and checked out other Windows 10 forums, it does look like USB power management may be the issue. So I have created my own power plan, so I can change to that when I am imaging. I plan to test this the next night it is clear, possibly tomorrow. I have run the driver checker a few times lately, so hopefully its ok. I am using the SkyX pro, and CCDAP, both the latest version, also Windows 10 64bit, on an ASUS gaming laptop.
    I'll follow up after further testing.
    Paul

6. William B

William B Cyanogen Customer

Hi Paul,

Check in device manager as well that power management is disabled for all USB hubs and devices where the setting is allowed, even when you set a power plan that disables USB power management it seems that some level of USB power management still remains. Make sure the check box for "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" is cleared.
    Image below shows a typical USB hub setting in Windows 10.

Screen Shot 2016-09-06 at 12.48.47.png

7. Paul Bambury

Hi, success!! I changed the power settings and even created a power profile so I can make sure each time I image everything is set right. I imaged for 3 hours last night without any errors. Finally now I can get on and use my new gear.
    Clear Skies
    Paul