Staff Assigned: Adam Robichaud Windows x64 version of SBIGUDrv.lib?

Discussion in 'CCDOPS and SBIG Universal Driver (Retired)' started by Tom Sherlock, May 18, 2018.

1. Tom Sherlock

Tom Sherlock Standard User

I just downloaded your WinDevKit and was surprised to discover that SBIGUDrv.lib is only available as a 32 bit library. Will you be releasing a 64 bit version of this library soon? I'd like to write some software to interface to your cameras, but having only a 32 bit library is very limiting.

2. Doug

Doug Staff Member

3. Tom Sherlock

That’s too bad. I’m really surprised you don’t offer this.

Tom

4. Tom Sherlock

Please excuse the naive questions but I’m trying to write a comment bit of source code which will access your api on Windows, OSX and Linux in the same way. I noticed that your SDK is available for Windows only. Do you have corresponding SDKs for the other two platforms?

5. Adam Robichaud

Adam Robichaud Lead Developer Staff Member

Re: x64 on Windows — we took a stab at converting SBIGUDrv to x64 a few years back, but the implementation of x64 on windows doesn't play well with some design decisions within SBIGUDrv's low-level protocol translator. Other priorities were more pressing, and the transition was tabled for a later date.

Re: the SDK on other platforms — we do have Linux and OSX SDKs available. They used to be available on our legacy developer page, but we haven't had a chance to bring our new developer portal live yet. If you need access to them, send me a private message and I'll get them to you. Just be aware that we're still working out kinks in OSX distribution.