STXL-11002 not exposing

Discussion in 'STX and STXL Series Cameras' started by Herbert Sauber, Apr 13, 2019.

1. Herbert Sauber

Herbert Sauber Cyanogen Customer

My STXL-1102 gives a strange looking frame (see attached file) only when connected to a Lenovo T61 notebook running Windows 8.1. The same notebook worked fine with the same camera for over a year and still does so when connected to my ST-10 or an STT-8300. The STXL-11002 behaves normally on two other notebooks. When I use the Ethernet connection instead of the usual USB, imaging works, but guiding gets interrupted after three cycles.
    Any ideas what may cause these problems?

Attached Files:

2. Doug

Doug Staff Member

First step is to upgrade your drivers and camera firmware.

Download the latest version of SBIG Driver Checker (don't use an old version - it has been improved) from:

ftp://ftp.sbig.com/pub/SetupDriverChecker64.exe

Then use it to update your camera drivers.

Next use it to upgrade your firmware. Do not interrupt the firmware upgrade process because it could brick your camera.

Finally update your MaxIm DL software.

I expect one of the above will resolve the problem.

3. Herbert Sauber

Herbert Sauber Cyanogen Customer

Thanks for your prompt answer. A pity, I did not think of updating the camera firmware. Unfortunately I am already on my way back home to Germany from my remote observatory in the namibian mountains. The camera is in my rucksack. So the final test, if I get it fixed, will have to wait until my next trip to Namibia in autumn. Anyway, many thanks for your support.

4. Bruce Turner

Bruce Turner Cyanogen Customer

5. Bruce Turner

I also have the same problem - my STXL 11002 stopped exposing. I have updated the drivers and firmware but the problem persists - see files. Any thoughts?

Attached Files:

6. Bill

Bill SBIG Service and Repairs Staff Member

Stopped exposing as in it's not returning an image? It appears your DriverChecker is older. Download it again from the website to get an up to date version. It may not solve the problem but you'll be able to download the latest drivers.

-Bill

Last edited: May 22, 2019
  7. Bruce Turner

It returns an image but completely black. I've connected the camera to SGP and Maxim - same result. I also tried another USB port and cable.

8. Bill

Bill SBIG Service and Repairs Staff Member

I don't think it's a driver or software problem. Send me an email, bill@sbig.com, and I'll give you the details for sending it in.

-Bill