Resolved Connection Error

Discussion in 'STX and STXL Series Cameras' started by Michiel Ford, Oct 31, 2019.

1. Michiel Ford

Michiel Ford Cyanogen Customer

I just plugged in my 16803 and have an error saying: Error opening camera 1/Open Device Failed: 27.

Can you help me out with this???

Thank you!!

Mike

2. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

Sure we can help. But we need some more info so we can guess what happened.
    We'd need a bunch more detail to know what is going on, including what hardware,software, cabling, operating system, power supply etc.

What changed since the last time you used the camera?

Does the power pack seem good? Have you checked the AC power cord and outlet for power?

If you are running Windows, and have speakers, do you hear the USB plug-in SOUND when you plug in the USB cord for the camera with power pack plugged in to the wall?
    Any lights on the camera?
    Any sounds from the shutter?
    Check the Windows Device Manager - and see if an SBIG camera is listed.
    If it is listed, check the SBIG Driver Checker, see if it can get the firmware version from the camera.

Let us know.
    C

3. Michiel Ford

I just put my 16803 on the telescope and getting the following connection error: Error opening camera 1/Could not initialize CCD Camera (27).

I have checked all of my connections, but I have also gone to device manager and don't see it there. SO, does anyone know what USB port this is supposed to be on????

4. Michiel Ford

Colin,

We have lights on the camera and I didn't see SBIG camera listed on the device manager. Fan on the camera is running. SO, I think what I will try is to unplug and plug in the USB ports on the computer.

5. Tim

Tim Staff Member

Not sure what you mean by this...your PC will either detect the USB device, or it won't. There is no "port" configuration required.

Yes, you should try a different USB port on the PC in the event the one it was originally plugged into is defective. Failing that, try a different PC to rule out computer issues.

6. Michiel Ford

OK, got it!!! Thank you for your help!!

Mike