Resolved Aluma dark

Discussion in 'Aluma CCD Series' started by mike m benjamin, Nov 19, 2019.

1. mike m benjamin

mike m benjamin Cyanogen Customer

Could I get an opinion on master dark ( 600s 1x1) that I made with my U694. Seems like a lot of amp glow as compared to what I am used to seeing with a CCD chip, My first Sony chip though. I've owned STT-8300, ST-10xme and the like.

Attached Files:

2. Doug

Doug Staff Member

Please upload a FITS frame. I can't tell anything from an 8-bit with no header.

3. mike m benjamin

4. mike m benjamin

I just wanted to mention that I haven't even attached the filter wheel to the camera itself, I am taking the darks using the supplied baader threaded cap, it has an O ring so it seems to provide a good seal.

5. Doug

Doug Staff Member

Can you provide an unprocessed FITS frame?

6. mike m benjamin

Doug,

Another easy fix, it was bugging me today at work that the baader dust cap even with the O ring might not be light proof and it isn't. I did another 5 minuter dark when I got home using a 2" nosepiece and the dark looks normal. The Baader cap is fine for keeping dust out but that's about it.

Mike

7. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

Mike, the Sony ICX694 in your Aluma IS a CCD chip; it is built differently than the Kodak/Truesense/ON Semiconductor CCDs, but its still a CCD.

mike m benjamin likes this.
  8. Doug

Doug Staff Member

Okay glad to hear you figured it out. These chips are very sensitive! We always put a black cloth over the front of the camera when we're making dark frames in the shop.