SC2 suddenly not working

Discussion in 'Guiding and Adaptive Optics - StarChaser and AO' started by Galaxyhunter, Sep 13, 2022.

1. Galaxyhunter

Galaxyhunter Cyanogen Customer

I do the same for both cameras. The SC2 locks in great. I can't get the SCT7 to lock on solidly. I did post a question about this very thing right when I got the camera. I do pull the outer shell back when I plug it in, but it always seems to be loose.
    This is basically a permanent setup, so I just tied of the cord to the handle of my OTA so there is no pulling pressure on the plug (strain relief).

I'm not trying to weasel out of responsibility, all I can tell you is there was NO impact.

2. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

Hi Carl, please complete the RMA and we'll send instructions on how to ship the SC-2 in for repair.

Regarding the STC-7, if you angle the plug up slightly you should be able to get the hook to go past the red body of the camera at the notch in the connector, and this should retain it.

3. Galaxyhunter

Galaxyhunter Cyanogen Customer

The SC2 has already been delivered.
    As far as the STC goes, I've tried many times to seat the plug. I'm not going to take a chance of breaking it. I'll just keep the cord tied off so there is no chance of unplugging during operation.