STi stopped connecting

Discussion in 'STF Series CCD Cameras' started by Bill Goff, Mar 18, 2016.

1. Bill Goff

Bill Goff Cyanogen Customer

I use an STi guide camera with MaxIm ver. 5.24 Connection to the camera has become erratic, sometimes failing after a few hours of work. Recently, it failed to connect.

I ran a few tests today, connecting the camera directly to the computer, no hubs. MaxIm 5.24 doesn’t connect at all, always returns a connection error. CCDOps always connects and captures images just fine.

I checked the driver checker, one was newer, so updated them all, no difference. MaxIm still doesn’t connect and CCDOps still does. This included a restart to insure the drivers were loaded.

I tried switching cables, same result.

Any ideas about what to check next?

Bill Goff

2. Bill Goff

I connected the STi camera to a different computer used on another system. It too, has MaxIm 5.24. On this machine, the camera connects and takes exposures as it should. On this second system I found:
    sbigudrv - 4.76 build 72 dated 7/23/14 - Windows shows most recent updates dated 2/7/16 but there are several of these

On the primary system, where the camera doesn't connect, I found
    sbigudrv - 4.90 build 1 dated 12/16/15 - Windows shows updates dated 3/15/16

So it seems possible that either the sbigudrv or a Windows update has caused this failure. Has anyone else noticed this problem?

3. Bill Goff

I may have this fixed. I used the setup program's Repair function to reinstall components and now it connects fine...

4. Doug

Doug Staff Member

Okay let us know if you continue having problems.