ALLSKY 340c and INDI/kstar-ekos

Discussion in 'Legacy Models - Community Support' started by aaron archibald, Sep 14, 2016.

1. aaron archibald

aaron archibald Standard User

Hello,

I would like to setup my allsky 340 camera to be controlled via a raspberri pi and accessed remotely through kstar-ekos, as demonstrated here with various other equipment

SBIG says it has INDI drivers for all SBIG CCD cameras, but does this includ the allsky 340?

If so, I'm having trouble getting the port settings correct. I have to use a USB to serial adapter (which is working on windows), so I can see the adapter as ttyUSB0 but the documentation says I should see the device as sbigusb0

So far I am just trying to get up and running with the Allsky 340 USB to serial plugged directly into the laptop running kstars on Ubuntu.

I have installed the SBIG INDI drivers and I can start an INDI server session from within ekos, I just can't connect to the allsky camera. I don't think there is anything telling the INDI driver to look at ttyusb0 for the device.

any ideas on what I am missing?

thanks,

-aaron

()

Last edited: Sep 14, 2016
  2. Jan Soldan

Jan Soldan Cyanogen Customer

Aeron,
    as far as I know, SBIG AllSky camera doesn't use SBIG linux driver (libsbigudrv.so). That camera uses its own special I/O serial protocol written by an external developer
    and I am not sure if that protocol is ever publicly available. So, SBIG's universal windows/linux driver can control all their cameras except this special AllSky camera.
    Regards,
    Jan

3. Doug

Doug Staff Member

The protocol was published. See ftp://sbig.com/pub/devsw/SG4_AllSky-340_SerialSpec.pdf