Resolved SBIGUDrv Tx Timeouts - Call for Beta Testers

Discussion in 'CCDOPS and SBIG Universal Driver (Retired)' started by Adam Robichaud, Sep 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adam Robichaud

Adam Robichaud Lead Developer Staff Member

Have you noticed any OS Errors popping up in CC_QUERY_COMMAND_STATUS calls that *don't* fail?

2. Martin Pugh

Martin Pugh Cyanogen Customer

No, not yet Adam. I will be collecting logs tonight though and will upload if I catch a timeout.
    cheers
    Martin

3. Martin Pugh

Adam
    just wanted to let you know that I continue to try to trap the timeout error but the comprehesive logging continues to hinder those attempts. Of course, as soon as I turn logging off, the darn camera hangs and there is no specific time period that elapses.

If you get to the point of your analysis whereby you can start to refine the logging options, let us know, and perhaps we can offer more data.

thanks
    Martin

4. Robert Mueller

Robert Mueller Standard User

I can also confirm what Martin reports. For example during imaging last night I had two timeout errors in a few hours. So today I did a bench test with a small subframe switching between bin 1x1 and 2x2 for 1600 continuous exposures and logging on. No errors.

Thanks,
    Robert Mueller

5. Robert Mueller

Adam or anyone else,
    Can you confirm this error I get in CCDAuotpilot when my SBIG STXL camera quits is related or not related to the previous Transmisssion Timeout errors?

COleException: Not enough storage is available to complete this operation.
    (8007000E) SCODE: 8007000e

For the last 5 sessions I get this error terminating my imaging run. The camera is usually downloading an image, auto focusing or downloading an autoguider image. This occurs when SBIG logging is off. I have not been able to "trap" any errors with the various drivers and logging on. I'm currently trying the newest Beat drive you released.

Thanks,
    Robert Mueller

6. Adam Robichaud

Martin: you could try turning everything off except:
    • Read COM Pipe
    • Write COM Pipe
    • Async Read
    • Async Write

That's still a large portion of the logging, but it should speed things up considerably...

Robert: I can't confirm that it's not related to any timeouts, since I can't rule anything out without a little more context, but I suspect it's not — could you start a new thread, and upload some SBIG Driver Logs so we can start an investigation?

7. Mark Manner

Mark Manner Cyanogen Customer

Hi Martin,
    What is the status of the TX Timeout problem? I still have to restart my camera 1-2 times per night after a TX Timeout error message stops the exposures.
    Karen

8. Adam Robichaud

The investigation is ongoing. At the moment, we've had limited success reproducing the issue, but error logs from different users are pointing to different causes. We're still trying to suss out the causes, and formulate a plan of attack.

9. Martin Pugh

Hi Adam
    Apologies, but I have removed my scope and camera from the remote obs as I am about to relocate back to AUS so I am unable to assist with logging.

Regards
    Martin

10. Keith Shank

Keith Shank Standard User

hello has there been any update on this investigation? I am having TSX crash after 3-4 exposures every night now, hoping the test cases have given some direction.

Thanks,
    keith

11. Doug

Doug Staff Member

The guys are closing in on it. We can replicate the problem, but it usually takes a couple of days of continuous camera operation before it fails! So we set up a test and then let the camera click away until it fails.

Data is currently pointing towards a firmware glitch of some kind. That is a tentative conclusion, subject to the results of another test run - which is underway as we speak. That will provide more detailed information.

12. Robert Mueller

How can I go back to an older driver for my STXL 11002 camera? The ColeException error is a show stopper for me with current beta driver. I have heard going back to a May driver will at least get rid of this error. For me the transmission timeout error occurs less frequently so I would rather deal with that error and get some imaging done.

Thanks,
    Robert Mueller

Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
  13. Richard Asarisi

Richard Asarisi Cyanogen Customer

14. Robert Mueller

Richard,
    No I still have the beta driver installed that has enhanced logging. I never got a response from SBIG on how to get a copy of the older driver. After reading your post I found a version dated 5/13/16 so I may try that.

I cannot get through a night's worth of imaging currently. Still wondering if a fix is coming.

Thanks,
    Robert

15. Richard Asarisi

Richard Asarisi Cyanogen Customer

Yeah I still get lock ups too - Guys any update on this "fix"?

16. Doug

Doug Staff Member

Adam is back from holidays on Tuesday, should be able to update you.

17. Robert Mueller

As stated by Doug in November "the guys are closing in on it".

Are the STXL camera timeouts still under investigation? My silence does not mean the problem has gone away.

Thanks,
    Robert

18. Doug

Doug Staff Member

Adam is gearing up to do a driver release. It should clear up a couple of things.

19. Doug

Doug Staff Member

A new driver update was released on Friday. We're not certain if this issue is resolved, but please give it a try.

20. Robert Mueller

Is the update specific to STXL cameras for transmission timeout errors?
    Thanks,
    Robert

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.