How do I install my ST8300c on a new pc?

Discussion in 'STF Series CCD Cameras' started by PwrHsePro, Nov 13, 2016.

1. PwrHsePro

PwrHsePro Cyanogen Customer

I used the SBIGDriverChecker64... When I plug in the 8300, the Hardware Manager shows SBIG USB Camera With Firmware...

The Checker wont connect to the camera when I try to get the firmware version from the camera... Maxim says it can't initialize the camera. It only gives the option for SBIG Universal... I instlled from the internet CCDOps, and it says no camera can be found...

This is a new 64bit Win10 laptop... the STi installed fine...

Help???

2. jliles01

jliles01 Cyanogen Customer

In CCDOPS, check in Misc > Graphics/Comm Setup and check Interface. Make sure it's set for your connection.

3. PwrHsePro

Yep... USB

4. jliles01

jliles01 Cyanogen Customer

I may not be much more help. That one setting in CCDOPS is all I've ever had to deal with when using USB. It may be a Windows 10 issue, and I have no experience with it. Sorry I can't help anymore than this.

You said you were trying to use DriverChecker to check the firmware. Have you already installed the drivers?

5. PwrHsePro

It looks like it... when I plug the camera into tue usb port, the SBIG Item shows up in device manager

6. Tim Puckett

Tim Puckett Guest

If you want to call or email me on Monday I can setup a teamviewer session on your computer and look at it for you.
    PM or call me if you need onscreen help.

Cheers
    Tim

7. PwrHsePro

Thanx!

I may take you up on that... i just got home and grabbed the original install disk and can give that a shot...

8. PwrHsePro

Well... the original discs didnt help... i did notice that there are 2 places in the devise manager that I should see references to SBIG... i dont recall the names, but going alphabetivakly, I have the one on the bottom but botthe top...

Ill take you up on your offer, but unfortunately it will have to be after Thanksgiving...

Thanx again