Driver SBIG STX

Discussion in 'STX and STXL Series Cameras' started by chassaigne, Dec 22, 2016.

1. chassaigne

chassaigne Cyanogen Customer

I have STX 16000 and I got error 33105 with the skyX pro.Some people says there have a problem with driver's camera.
    When I take a lot of frame (several hours) no problem but if i do focusing each hour i get this error and the camera is blosk.
    I must restart The skyx and on off the camera Capturecfit.PNG error33105.PNG error33105.PNG Capturecfit.PNG error33105.PNG

2. Doug

Doug Staff Member

CFITSIO is a library used to write FITS images to disk. Your problem has nothing to do with the camera. It's something with either your computer or with TheSkyX.

Are you saving your images over a network drive? That's been a common cause of this sort of thing in the past. Use a local drive and transfer the images later.

3. chassaigne

I save images in internal SSD 460GB (328 GB free) and I have I7 with 6 core.

4. Doug

Doug Staff Member

I would contact Software Bisque for assistance. This has nothing to do with the camera itself.

5. chassaigne

I would like to put an old driver .
    <How do I do,

6. Tim

Tim Staff Member

Which old driver ? The previous one?

Can you send a screenshot of the SBIGDriverChecker window so I can see what versions you currently have?

7. chrisscottmaier

chrisscottmaier Standard User

Hi, I have a STX and a STT8300 and started seeing this error after 3-5 5 min exposures. It started right after I updated the camera drivers from May 2016 to the 9-16-16 using the driver checker. I then restored the computer to a earlier time and the driver checker was showing the current driver to be the may 2016 driver, and haven't seen the error in months. I talked to the bisque people and this is what they said "Many report (and Software Bisque can confirm) that reverting to an earlier version of the SBIG driver resolves this behavior. (The driver consume resources, and eventually prevents TheSkyX from allocating memory, resulting in the 33105 CFIITSIO error)." Was there something significantly different between the May 2016 and 9-16-16 driver that may cause this? thanks

8. chassaigne

Hi
    I change the driver(I put older version)now is ok
    Thak you

9. chrisscottmaier

That's what I experienced as well. It would be nice to know why this is happening as I will never be able to update the camera drivers until someone figures out what's changed with the new driver update.

10. Doug

Doug Staff Member

Please ask your contact at Software Bisque to get in touch to confirm the technical details.

11. chrisscottmaier

Thanks Doug, Matthew Bisque emailed me they responded to SBIG about this issue in late August and hadn't heard back. He said he'll try again today.

12. chassaigne

Hi
    I up grade driver checker 4.0.3.2 and sbigudrv 4.9.7.1 the guider don't work (no imaging) <<It seems that the guider does not open

13. chassaigne

Hi Doug
    I don't understand why I haven't stars in external guider and I have stars in internal guider stars in

Attached Files:

14. chassaigne

and external guider

Attached Files:

15. Doug

Doug Staff Member

I assume the external guider is in focus, has a clear view of the sky, etc?

Also please check whether it operates correctly in CCDOPS.

16. chrisscottmaier

I was just informed SBIG has a new driver as of last Friday that fixed the memory leak. I will update it and give it a try. Thanks!
    SBIGUDrv Version History:
    Version 4.97 Build 1 1/6/2017
    Changelog:
    . Corrected an issue with ST, and STL model cameras preventing connection.
    . Fixed a memory leak associated with Windows USB I/O communication.

17. chrisscottmaier

I updated to the new driver and can confirm the memory leak has been fixed, no CFITSIO 33105 error from TSX. Thank you for doing that...

18. Iaffaldano Giuseppe C

Iaffaldano Giuseppe C Cyanogen Customer

My technician Dean Salman says to me that after spoken with Doug has updated the drivers for my 16200 model; i have observed that while early the camera focused with stars of mag. 5 with exposures times very short around 0.20 second now the time with the same mag. 5 is considerable increased over 1 second like the sensibility of the camera was lowered; the seeing and weather is the same good. I am having also some troubleshoting in focusing like stars too dim that before i haven't.

19. Tim

Tim Staff Member

Could you send us some sample FITS images to examine?

20. Iaffaldano Giuseppe C

Iaffaldano Giuseppe C Cyanogen Customer

I have explained to my technician that for me the problem was due to the lodestar X2 guiding camera that sometime loses the star; he has sent a ticket and the reply of Dug ( if i have not understood badly) was that it was better to update the driver; tonight i have had much trouble on focusing and this is a bit strange because the camera went in focusing like a swiss clock; i dont know if my technician has changed the setting of stars in FocusMax; if the setting is the same, as i see longer time of exposures of focusing frames, i have the feel that the behaviour of the camera in changed but for the worse, however. m-66_Red_Bin_1_Temp_-20_Exp_900S_Date_20170130@090906_R001_C002_900S.jpg