Resolved ST and STL Series Camera - New Driver Released

Discussion in 'Legacy Models - Community Support' started by Adam Robichaud, Nov 30, 2016.

1. Adam Robichaud

Adam Robichaud Lead Developer Staff Member

In terms of the drivers for older ST/STL model cameras: that's up to you, but we very rarely make changes to SBIGUDrv that affect older cameras. If your camera is functioning normally, and you don't see any features in the new driver's changelog that appeal to you, staying put is perfectly safe.

2. Fournel

Fournel Standard User

Still having problem with my ST-2000XM /maximDL6-/win7 Pro. driver is fine, camera recognized, temperature conrol, filter change,and exposure OK, but download of image very long (more than 10 s) and inacurate (seems a repetition of the same pattern every 10 lines). Several USB cables used w/o effect. computer is intel NUC5i3RYK.
    Same configuration on Dell XPS, loaded with win7 family works fine.

3. Adam Robichaud

Do you have driver logging enabled on the affected PC?

4. Fournel

Fournel Standard User

Hi Adam,

Not sure what you mean by driver logging enabled, but SbigDriverChecked64 was achieved succesfully. Camera recognized by Maxim DL ( SBIG Universal/"connect to ST-2K")
    When I switch of the anti virus (Microsoft security essentials), the downloading time of the full frame is a bit better (8-9 sec) on the NUC5i3RYK. For comparaison, on the dell it's 6 sec with the antivirus and 4 sec without.
    By the way on the NUC, I have USB2 or USB3 port but does not change the problem.

Attached Files:

5. Fournel

Fournel Standard User

Hi Adam
    Again me. made some mistake on the last message. Anyway I attached the log file I think you were expecting. With the antivirus, dowloading time is about 20 sec...

Laurent

6. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

Laurent - turn off Debug Log.
    debugoff.png

7. Adam Robichaud

Sorry, I should have been more clear — Colin's suggestion is what I was after. The most common cause of slow readout is enabled logging. We advise turning it off for normal use.

If it was off to begin with, let me know.

8. Fournel

Fournel Standard User

Thanks for both of you. It works ! less than 4 sec for the full frame.
    Laurent

9. Bob Cornect

Bob Cornect Standard User

Hi Adam/Doug
    Does this new driver work for my STL 11K running on a mac OSX el Capitan in the SkyX
    as I get a diverbnot found error 30027 and where can I download it from
    Cheers
    Bob

10. Adam Robichaud

This update only affected the Windows version of the driver. You're likely experiencing an issue with driver signing/distribution that we have yet to correct for new OSX installs.

11. Bob Cornect

No worries Adam, when do you think this OSX driver will be sorted out for older SBIG cameras then as it looks like the same issue you were working on with my old ST-8300 camera which has been gathering dust since I sent this last response about a year ago? Is it actually been worked on or should I just resell my new purchase of this used STL 11000 camera which arrived yesterday.
    Can you also advise whether going back to an older mac OS would help remedy the issue?
    From memory, my previous work around with my ST-8300 was to jump start it with my PC laptop then hot transfer it to my mac system.
    With the 8300, I tried unsuccessfully going back to OS Lion without any joy so gave up (about a year ago)
    Regards
    Bob

12. Doug

Doug Staff Member

Adam is wrapping up a big project in the next couple of weeks. After that he should be able to take another look at it.

13. Bob Cornect

Thanx Doug
    Just as a work around for others in a similar boat, if I plug my STL11K or ST8300 into my PC laptop running CCDOPS
    the camera fires up. I can then hot swap the camera usb into my Observatory mac, reboot the mac and it the SkyX see's the STL11K
    and it can work normally. A bit clunky but a work around non the less.
    I am doing some SNe follow up imaging for the ASSASN telescope and collecting some repeat globular data for some research
    so was hoping to improve my data with the STL 11K over my old DSLR6d.
    Thanx Doug
    Bob
    and let's make Canada great again (sorry a Canadian expat) :O)

14. Lew C

Lew C Standard User

I thought you said (in 2014) that your fix for the older cameras would be out SOON. When will SOON arrive? I downloaded the new Driver for my STXL 6303E to test if the ethernet cable would work on it, and tonight I am doing imaging using my STL 1001E, and had to log in again (I had to establish a 3rd registration because the other 2 didn't get any response when I asked for a new password) to find the details on the procedure to load an old driver.
    I have bought 5 of your cameras and I am NOT a happy customer.

15. Bob Cornect

Hi Doug/Adam
    Any movement on the mac driver update for the legacy SBIG cameras?
    I have to jump start my STL11000M on a PC and hot swap it into my mac and Paramount MEII mount in order to get it to work and and it still drops out during the evening (times out)
    so I am still interested in the driver when it becomes available.
    Cheers
    Bob