Power Supply Help ST-8300M

Discussion in 'STF Series CCD Cameras' started by Dick Locke, Mar 25, 2017.

1. Dick Locke

Dick Locke Standard User

Hi,

The locking connector broke on my ST-8300M power supply. I tried to purchase a new power supply from Adorama (SBIG AC 12V 3 Amp Power Supply for ST-8300M/C Camera SKU: SB60013 MFR: 60013)
    but they are "backordered." Looks like nobody has one anywhere. I don't know if there will be any more... So some questions:

1. Are there other AC power supplies that would be compatible with the ST-8300M?
    2. Can anyone point me to a source of the locking connectors, preferable pre-soldered to a section of cable?
    3. Will there be additional power 8300 power supplies made available?

Many thanks!

-Dick Locke

2. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

3. Dick Locke

Dick Locke Standard User

Thanks Colin.
    Interesting that the STF power supply has the same part number... So that's good news. Hopefully SBIG will get a supply soon, but this appears to address my items 1 and 3 ;-). Any other sources of the locking connectors would be appreciated!
    -Dick
    p.s. I realize the cable link you posted has locking connectors but at $100 it doesn't achieve my goal of a cheap way to fix my broken power supply's locking connector!

4. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

I'm pretty sure Mouser or Digikey sell the connector - but I don't have a part number - so you can dig for that on your own, or maybe Tim or Doug can chime in.

5. Doug

Doug Staff Member

6. Dick Locke

Dick Locke Standard User

Doug,

Thanks for that... Can you positively confirm the "STF" power supply is compatible with the ST-8300M? The only compatible camera listed at the web page is ST-402 series & there's not a lot of info ;-)

Regards,
    -Dick Locke

7. Doug

Doug Staff Member

Yes they are one and the same.

8. Dick Locke

Dick Locke Standard User

So I'm looking at buying the power supply and the cheapest shipping option is $40 to Texas??? Ouch!

9. Doug

Doug Staff Member

The shipping prices on the web store are an estimate, and it is often conservative. We confirm the shipping cost with the customer prior to shipment. If the cost is actually lower we will charge less.

10. Dick Locke

Dick Locke Standard User

OK thanks for that. Woodland Hills supposedly has one in stock & I placed an order with them ($15 shipping).

11. Doug

Doug Staff Member

Ok I wasn't aware that Woodland had stock on that. Definitely will cost less if the shipper is closer to you!

12. Dan Crowson

Dan Crowson Standard User

For future reference, the connectors are listed in the camera manual and can be ordered cheap from Digikey, Mouser, etc.

Dan