Staff Assigned: Adam Robichaud STF 8050C USB Not Recognized

Discussion in 'STF Series CCD Cameras' started by John Wetmore, Jul 27, 2017.

1. John Wetmore

John Wetmore Standard User

I recently had my STF 8050C upgraded to the new main board about six months ago.
    Last night I was focusing a lens using CCDOPS control software. The camera lost connection to the computer and I was unable to reconnect. Windows gives the dreaded USB device not recognized. Restarting software, computer and camera did not fix the problem. I followed all instructions on powering up a STF camera to the letter. I am wondering if drivers are corrupted on two different laptops? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

John

2. Doug

Doug Staff Member

What is it showing in the Device Manager?

3. John Wetmore

Hi Doug,

Thanks for the quick reply. It just shows the problem icon. No device, no driver loaded.

John

4. Doug

Doug Staff Member

Right-click on it and select Update Driver.

If that doesn't work, right-click on it and select Properties. Go to the Details tab and select Property Hardware IDs. Report back what it says.

5. John Wetmore

Doug,

I will have to report back tom. I am currently at my office and wont be back to the camera and laptop until 6PM local time. I think that makes it 9pm your time, again thanks for the quick replies and I will post what I find.

6. John Wetmore

Doug,

Success! The camera functions 100% on a computer with updated 64 bit drivers, they were current.

The failure I described above was with two older windows xp computers, that may not have had updated 32 bit drivers. Needless to say I will only be using the 64 bit computer from this point forward.

I was going to update the firmware on this STF 8050C but, when the checker downloaded my current firmware, it showed it as a ST 8300C camera. My firmware is out of date but, I was hesitant to update.

Please advise if this is how the checker shows firmware for the STF 8050C. Thanks again for all the quick replies.

John

7. Doug

Doug Staff Member

I'll ask Adam to answer that last one.

8. John Wetmore

9. Adam Robichaud

Adam Robichaud Lead Developer Staff Member

It should show up as an STF-8300C, yes. The firmware files used for the two cameras are identical, so there should be no issue updating your camera. I've flagged the issue for correction in the next release of SBIG Driver Checker 64.

10. RILKE MARCONI

RILKE MARCONI Standard User

help!!!

Attached Files:

11. Adam Robichaud

Adam Robichaud Lead Developer Staff Member

Try the attached plugin, Rilke. Install instructions are included.

Cheers,
    -A

Attached Files:

12. RILKE MARCONI

RILKE MARCONI Standard User

Hello, I installed the plugin as recommended, and the camera connected to maxim dl 6 pro, but now I have done a 5 second exposure test in a well lit room and the image captured by the camera is dark, when I test in another program the image is totally white as it should be due to exposure.

image for your analysis.

Thanks for listening.

Attached Files:

13. William B

William B Cyanogen Customer

Hi Rilke

This is normal for MaxIm DL.

Click the histogram tab on the top tool bar and change the auto screen-stretch display mode to 'Range' (or 'Manual' and drag the red and green carets to either end of the graph), the saturated image will then display as an all white image.
    Currently the auto screen-stretch display has scaled the image to show the range of pixels values from least saturated to most saturated for this particular frame.

The bottom tool bar shows the current cursor location (mouse pointer) as it hovers over the image and in your screen shot the pixel value at pixel coordinates 816,201 has a pixel value of 64,192 which is pretty close to saturation.

HTH

William.