STL power supply

Discussion in 'Legacy Models - Community Support' started by mike shade, Oct 27, 2017.

1. mike shade

mike shade Cyanogen Customer

Where might one get a power supply for an STL 6303E camera? I contacted SBIG tech repair, they don't have one. I would assume that they can be replaced even though they are an older camera.

Thanks, Mike

2. Doug

Doug Staff Member

Unfortunately those went out of stock some time ago, and that style of multi-output power supply brick is no longer manufactured by anyone. They used to be widely available, but no one makes them anymore, and hasn't for several years. The advent of efficient, compact, and low cost DC to DC converters has rendered them unnecessary and obsolete. Every product made today runs from a single voltage supply.

I'm not sure what to suggest. You could possibly wire several single-voltage supplies to the connector... please see the camera manual for the connector pinout.

3. mike shade

Rats....Will the replacement power supply STX/STXL with the extension cable work? SKU # 60005? I was told that it would.

Wiring things together isn't really a viable option....

So people with these series of cameras, if their power supply dies, are going to have to cobble something together to make their cameras work? Weird.

Thanks...

4. Doug

Doug Staff Member

5. mike shade

OK, thanks...thought it was a little weird that there was no easy solution...to be clear, the 60005 will physically insert to the STL camera and this has all of the needed adapters and the like?

Thanks again...

6. Doug

Doug Staff Member

Correct. It comes with the new version of the extension cable.