SH2-281 region

Discussion in 'My Astrophotos' started by Wannaberocker, Mar 23, 2018.

1. Wannaberocker

Wannaberocker Cyanogen Customer

Cool target shot using CCDAP5 and CCDNav and this was a target called SH2-281 which contains all the familiar stuff. Its been a cloudy week so far and thought I'd revisit some Takahshi FSQ-85ED with QE .73 reducer first light data of M42 data using a different monitor I picked up so not sure how its gonna translate out, I had to stop before I wrecked it any more than I have. Just thought I'd push it a bit more than usual. Points lost for blown out core, lol although that has never really bothered me much in M42 images so its all good either way. I'll have to try and get used to it. So here is another Orion Nebula for ya. Cheers. Shot with the great SBIG STT-8300. M42 revisited 2.jpg

Takahashi FSQ85ED
    SBIG STT-8300
    1hr 15min each RGB with out light pollution filter

Last edited: Mar 23, 2018
    JoshuaHufford likes this.
  2. Tim Puckett

Tim Puckett Guest

That's a nice shot, mind if I post it to our social media account with proper credit?

3. Wannaberocker

Hello Tim! Yes you may post this, thank for looking!

Regards, Nick Hartman

4. Mike Hambrick

Mike Hambrick Cyanogen Customer

Great Shot ! I am curious what is causing the diffraction spikes ? Could they be coming from the AO ?

5. Wannaberocker

Mike, I have been asked that alot. It has been explained to me that it is an artifact from the micro lenses over the pixels. I actually like the effect it gives.