STF-8300M error 32

Discussion in 'STF Series CCD Cameras' started by Bryan Ramsey, Jun 2, 2018.

1. Bryan Ramsey

Bryan Ramsey Cyanogen Customer

I keep randomly getting error 32, which according to a doc I found on the web is an OS Error. No idea what that means. I recently changed the computer to a newer low power machine. It only has USB 3 ports. I have an 8 foot cable going from the computer directly to the camera. I also was getting the Error 8 when connected to a Startech Industrial USB Hub.

System specs:
    UDOO X86 PC (Pentium N3710@1.6Ghz quad core/8GB RAM)
    w10 pro (version 1803 build 17134.48)
    STF8300M w/ CFW5
    Lodestar X2
    Moonlight focuser
    maximdl 6.14

Im going to swap the cable today over at the observatory. Ive ran the SBIG Driver checker and updated the drivers and firmware. (Including removing all drivers and also removing SBIG Driver checker.

Thanks for any thoughts

Last edited: Jun 2, 2018
  2. Bryan Ramsey

One more thing, although not for sure. It seems like I run it from maxim dl and it is fine, then I switch to ACP and it starts happening. Then when I go back to maxim I see the error there too. This could just circumstantial. Just mentioning it in case there is something different about when the camera is being managed via automation. I ran it in continuous mode taking 30 second exposures for an hour and no error. Then a couple hours later I started up maxim to take some sky flats and got the error right away.

3. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

4. Bryan Ramsey

thanks. Yes all suspend have been disabled already. I think the power connector was failing. When I went to the observatory yesterday and when I wiggled the power supply the camera fan would dip in and out. I replaced the connector. We will see. It no longer dips when wiggled.