Resolved Power cord for STL 6303e camera from 12 volt source

Discussion in 'Legacy Models - Community Support' started by Robert Berta, Nov 22, 2018.

1. Robert Berta

Robert Berta Standard User

I have a STL 6303e camera that is powered from either the AC/DC SBIG power supply that goes into the cameras multi pin DIN port or the SBIG supplied cable that plugs into the DC source (battery) on one end and has the multi pin connector that goes into the camera.
    I need another of those DC supply to the multi pin connector cords. What is the part number or where can I buy one?

2. Doug

Doug Staff Member

We do not make the STL DC cable anymore. The STL power connector is compatible with the STX power connector.

I suggest you purchase an STX extension cable and cut the end off. Three of the wires will go to ground and the other three to +12V. Please refer to the camera manual for the connector pinout.

http://diffractionlimited.com/product/stx-stxl-extension-cable-old/

3. Robert Berta

Robert Berta Standard User

Don't believe that will work as the existing is a 6 pin DIN male connector. The one you referenced is an 8 pin DIN in old version and 4 pin in new version.

4. Doug

Doug Staff Member

No that's the end you cut off - the end that goes into the power supply. The camera end is 6-pin DIN.

5. Terence Danks

Terence Danks Standard User

I would very much appreciate confirmation on my understanding of this post.
    If I order the cable in the link . . .
    http://diffractionlimited.com/product/stx-stxl-extension-cable-old/

The connector on the camera end will fit the SBIG STL 11002 camera body?
    I can cut off the PS end and attach a cigar lighter plug and power the STL from a suitable DC power supply?

6. Doug

Doug Staff Member

Yes, the camera end connector will work with the STL. The STXL and STL power connectors are the same.

Make sure your power source can supply at least 6 amps.

7. Terence Danks

Terence Danks Standard User

Many thanks for the confirmation, Doug. Much appreciated.