Resolved AllSky software animation issue

Discussion in 'Legacy Models - Community Support' started by Tim Brothers, Oct 24, 2018.

1. Tim Brothers

Tim Brothers Cyanogen Customer

For some reason our all sky software 1.0.37.0 has stopped animating the last collection of images. Any idea what we should try? It is a W7-64 system. Any updates since this version?

2. Tim Brothers

3. Adam Robichaud

Adam Robichaud Lead Developer Staff Member

Hi Tim,

Sorry for the delayed response. Can you give me a detailed reproduction scenario, along with any details you might think are relevant? (How long was the software running, what else were you doing at the time, etc)

Any logs/images collected would also be helpful.

Cheers,
    -Adam

4. Tim Brothers

Hi Adam,
    I mean we've run the software for 8 years or so? Didn't notice it wasn't displaying the animated sequence window until a couple months ago. I've rebooted the PC/restarted camera etc several times. The window just doesn't appear when you start the software back up. It does show the current image, no problem. It's on a W7-64 system, but that has always been the system. Not sure if the codec is failing or if its a Windows update etc. The AllSky software has never been particularly stable over the years. We have to restart software probably 1/month at least to revive it from crashes or get it to start sending files via FTP etc.

5. Tim Brothers

Any ideas?

6. Tim Brothers

Still waiting...

7. Adam Robichaud

Hi Tim,

I'm so sorry I didn't reply sooner. This slipped through the cracks. I did do a search through the source code for any changes, but we haven't touched this software in ages. I don't suppose you could set me up with TeamViewer access to the computer in question with the camera connected? I'd like to see if there's something obvious I can get via troubleshooting.

-A

8. Tim Brothers

Adam, thank you for the reply. We have a really tight firewall but yes I can get Team viewer through. Do you have time tomorrow? Otherwise we could wait until after holidays. -Tim

9. Adam Robichaud

I can do tomorrow. Any time 10 am - 4 pm EST is fine with me. Just send me a private message with the connection details whenever you're ready.

10. Tim Brothers

Adam, Sorry I didn't get back to you on this one. I had some trouble trying to get our firewall "down" to let you in. In any case, I played with the software today and figured out how to fix it. The save current movie was as it always was, ON. I was going to reinstalled the software, but decided to try one more thing. I turned that movie setting off. Ran program. Stopped it. Turned it back to ON and selected uncompressed movie file, now it works. So, something must have been stuck in software. Case closed I guess? -Tim

11. Adam Robichaud

No worries! I'm glad you were able to resolve the issue on your own. Let us know if it comes back and we can perform an investigation.