Power Problem STT 8300M

Discussion in 'Legacy Models - Community Support' started by jerryyyyy, Jan 21, 2019.

1. jerryyyyy

jerryyyyy Cyanogen Customer

So after 2 weeks bad weather when I get clear skys the camera is inop. When it powers up the filter wheel does not turn. The green and yellow/orange lights are on. Is this low power?

I opened up the filter wheel and manually moved the wheel and it is not locked shut.

I am going to borrow Rob's power before I buy a $180 replacement and test, but if I have to, how long does it take to get it? In stock?

Other issues it could be?

2. Doug

Doug Staff Member

3. jerryyyyy

So I go to borrow the other brick and it works, then when I come home it works on my old brick! You figure. I talked with Bill and I recall that once the camera got too humid it stopped working and then started up again when it "dried out". I know this make no sense, but it is working. I'll monitor and have Rob's brick in reserve if it acts up.... Duh!

4. Doug

Doug Staff Member

If humidity is an issue, keep the camera powered up with the cooler off when you are not using it.

5. jerryyyyy

Thanks, good idea. I can remotely turn it on, start it up with maxim, but keep cooler off. Seemed to work OK last night.