New Aluma 8300 User, Need Help Connecting SGP Pro to my Camera

Discussion in 'Aluma CCD Series' started by Jason Handel, Jan 13, 2019.

1. Jason Handel

Jason Handel Standard User

Hi. I am a new owner of an Aluma 8300. I have been working on setting up my camera over this weekend.

However, I am not able to connect my camera to Sequence Generator Pro. I have tried connecting via USB and via WiFi, but am not able to get either connection working. A couple of key points:

• I am able to connect the camera to Maxim DL (Maxim LT in my case) via both USB and WiFi.
    • I have several times tried to make sure I have the latest SBIG drivers installed. I have followed the instructions on the SBIG Driver Checker.
    • I am running Windows 10 Pro
    • Attaching files that show the SGP Errors.
    Also, while the USB connection to SGP is pretty straight forward, I am not sure how the WiFi Connections should work. The configuration page requires that a LPT1, LPT2, LPT3 address be configured. DOes anyone know how to do this configuration.

Attached Files:

2. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

Hi Jason, am not that familiar with SGP. Will have to learn it someday.

First off, the Aluma series cameras uses the new DL Imaging drivers, instead of the old SBIG Driver Checker.

You can use Start... Diffraction Limited ... DL Configuration Utility to check and configure correct operation of the camera.
    Check the download tab here:
    http://diffractionlimited.com/product/aluma-8300/

We're working with a number of software developers presently to help them support the Aluma cameras.
    It may be that Main Sequence Software hasn't got native support for Aluma cameras at this point.
    I'll connect with my work colleagues on Monday to see if they know, and get back to you on this.

3. Jason Handel

Hi Colin. Thanks.

I am able to use the DL Configuration Utility and I am able to successfully connect to the camera via USB or Wifi.

I was definitely getting confused with the old SBIG Driver Checker.

I did't find any ASCOM drivers for this camera. Are there any ?

4. Doug

Doug Staff Member

ASCOM drivers are being written. Adam (our driver guy) is off for a couple of weeks, but we'll get those out as soon as we can, once he is back.

5. Doug

Doug Staff Member

6. Jason Handel

Thanks Doug. I completed

7. Jason Handel

Any update on ASCOM driver for the Aluma cameras ? When will it be ready ?

8. Doug

Doug Staff Member

Final testing is underway. Hoping to release Friday, if not then early next week.