Resolved STXL 6303 Fan speed

Discussion in 'STX and STXL Series Cameras' started by CraigNZ, Jun 29, 2019.

1. CraigNZ

CraigNZ Cyanogen Customer

Using MaximDL.
    Sometime in the last year I was able to set the fan speed for my camera to 30%. Now, looking all over MaximDL I cannot find where I did that. Anyone know how to set the fan speed for this camera .. I know it can be done because it is now sitting at 30%.

Craig

2. William B

William B Cyanogen Customer

Hi Craig

I no longer have an SBIG camera to test but fan speed control was found by opening the Camera Control window, click Setup Camera button, in the Setup SBIG Universal window click the Advanced button and fan control was found over on the right side of the SBIG Universal Settings window. I can't remember now but I think the camera has to be physically connected and powered up to be able to adjust the fan speed settings otherwise they remain greyed out in the Fan Control module.

Screen capture attached, you will need to be logged into the forum to see the image.

HTH

William.

Fan speed SBIG.jpg

3. CraigNZ

Thanks William. I tried this the other day and yes the fan control speed was greyed out. I was controlling the camera through MaximDL using Voyager and so that might have had something to do with it. Tonight at the end of the observing run I will close all programs and then restart just MaximDL and see if I can change the setting.
    Craig

4. William B

William B Cyanogen Customer

Hi Craig.

Think I may have found it but without a camera I can't confirm.

With the camera connected to the computer and powered up, but not connected in MaxIm, open the SBIG driver checker program, click on the Config Drv button and adjust the Fan Speed Control decimal number accordingly.

Attached a screen grab, you will need to be logged into the forum to see it.

Regards.

William.

SBIG Driver.jpg

5. Doug

Doug Staff Member

The option is only available if you are connected to the camera.

Connect the camera. Go to the Expose tab. Click the Options menu and then Camera Settings.

6. CraigNZ

Hi Doug,
    That was it. For some reason I kept thinking it was under the Setup tab or on the main menu somewhere. But having it on the expose tab is better because I can change it during the night without having to go into setup.
    Thank you for your help.
    Craig