1. mike m benjamin

mike m benjamin Cyanogen Customer

Hello,

Just received my SC2 today, attached it to my STT-3200/FW8S/A0-8a no problems. Connected just fine in Maxim Dl. I noticed that binning was an option in the AO, so the cmos chip supports actual hardware binning with the increased sensitivity? Also the dimensions of the cmos chip is larger than the ccd chip in my FW8G aluma but the SC2 doesn't have a built in 0.7 focal reducer, how does that work out area wise in comparison?

2. mike m benjamin

mike m benjamin Cyanogen Customer

I have a another question, can I have a pinout of the power supply port? I have a spare 2.1x5.5mm output socket on my cem120 saddle, I would like to make a custom power supply cable. If the guider only uses +12v and ground this is doable.

3. Doug

Doug Staff Member

The chip is bigger but as you note there is no focal reducer, so they are effectively a similar size. I'm not sure that the hardware binning function actually improves sensitivity as CMOS works somewhat differently.

It's the same power connector as the Aluma. So see page 36 of the Aluma manual https://diffractionlimited.com/downloads/AlumaUsersManual.pdf

mike m benjamin likes this.