StarChaser 3 driver and hardware issues

Discussion in 'Guiding and Adaptive Optics - StarChaser and AO' started by Martin Pugh, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Martin Pugh

Martin Pugh Cyanogen Customer

Doug
    Firstly, the ASCOM driver when used in The SkyX does not remember the camera selection from session to session. So you have to go into the driver, select DL Imaging Camera 2, in order to reset it.

Secondly, 5 second exposures, binned 2x2 through an f5 4" refractor yields a mere 500-600 ADU. Not right surely. Can the gain of this camera be adjusted?

Martin Pugh

2. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

On your first item:
    Do you have the current driver software? DL Config 1.3.0.0 should show driver version 1.7.0.0.
    If not, get it here:
    https://diffractionlimited.com/down/SetupDLAPI.exe

DL Imaging Camera 2 is generally used when there is a main DL Imaging camera like an Aluma AC4040 or Aluma 814, and second DL Imaging camera such as a SC-2 or remote guide head/self-guiding filter wheel.
    What happens if you try the first DL Imaging Camera?

On the second item, I have to defer to a colleague.

3. Doug

Doug Staff Member

The CMOS chip has a 12-bit converter, not 16-bit. So you're going to see ADU levels about 16X lower than a comparable CCD camera.

4. Martin Pugh

I downloaded the updated driver you linked to. Driver version from that is 1.7.1.0.
    Have changed it to DL Imaging Camera and then rebooted the PC. The Sky X remembered the selection this time. So appears fixed.

Doug....copy that.
    thanks
    Martin

5. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

Martin - I want to make sure I understand so that I can log a trouble ticket internally if I need to.
    Can you confirm whether:
    a) you were ALREADY running 1.7.1.0 and had the problem where Camera 2 settings were not sticking?
    b) it wasn't sticking with the prior release version before upgrading to 1.7.1.0?

6. Martin Pugh