Staff Assigned: Bill Lynch Camera issue

Discussion in 'Legacy Models - Community Support' started by Raphael, Jul 28, 2020.

1. Raphael

Raphael Standard User

Hi everyone,

I own 2 old STL-11000m cameras, and one of them doesn't work like it used to be. I don't know if it's a configuration issue or if the camera is broken. I'm uploading a picture taken with CCDOps.

I sincerely hope someone can help me understand the problem and potentially solve it.

Regards,

Attached Files:

2. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

This looks like a repair issue for @Bill to help you with.
    You can contact him by email to: bill (at) sbig (dot) com

3. Sreilly

Sreilly Cyanogen Customer

When I had readout issues with my STL-11000 it turned out to be a USB issue and it seemed to be the port and not the cable. 1st thing is always try another cable and make sure it's less then 9', at least I think that's the standard length. Over that it should be an active repeater cable to ensure the signal doesn't get scrambled. Next try another port on the computer but if that fails to improve try another computer altogether. I had issues with mine where the readout had wide random bands switching from dark to lighter and the USB port had become corrupt. After building a newer computer the issue resolved but I had checked using one of my indoor desktop computers 1st.

Try that 1st and then if it isn't working properly I'd either call or email Bill. Both the phone number and email address are on the SBIG website and listed for repairs. Bill's in California and extremely well qualified to assist you as he has been for years now.

4. Raphael

Raphael Standard User

thank you very for you answers guys, i really appreciate. I'll definitely check the usb port / cable, and keep my fingers crossed that it's the problem. I live in France, and i guess sending the camera to reparation in the US is going to cost way too much :(.
    Thanks also for Bill's email in case I don't make progress.