Staff Assigned: Adam Robichaud New Laptop Problem

Discussion in 'Aluma CCD Series' started by mike m benjamin, Sep 6, 2020.

1. mike m benjamin

mike m benjamin Cyanogen Customer

I just bought a brand new 10th gen i5 Dell laptop, great laptop except it doesn't want to play nicely with my AlumaU694. All drivers have been downloaded. The issue seems to be the cooler setup button, I'll click on it to change the temp and the software just freezes like it trying to open the window but can't. The only way I can clear it is by restarting the laptop. If I don't touch the cooler control window, just connect the camera and turn the cooler on, no issues, everything works fine. My older Dell laptop works perfectly with the camera.

2. mike m benjamin

I'll add that earlier in the night I was using my older STT3200 and the new laptop worked perfectly with it.

3. Doug

Doug Staff Member

Make sure everything is up-to-date: DL Imaging driver, camera firmware, MaxIm DL.

4. mike m benjamin

Everything is up to date, driver 1.7.1.0, firmware rev 21, Maxim dl 6.22.

5. mike m benjamin

Doug, if you have a minute or two you can try and see for yourself via teamviewer, everything is setup for the night.

6. Doug

Doug Staff Member

It will have to be one of our programmers - I expect @Adam Robichaud will investigate.

We're closed Monday (Labor Day) but everyone will be back on Tuesday.

7. mike m benjamin

Sure Doug.

8. mike m benjamin

I have more information that should be of interest. Compared to my older Dell M4800 laptop the new Dell laptop connects to the camera much slower, 1 sec compared to about 5 seconds. As long as I don't touch the cooler button I can take images, the other day I took a series of flats, no issues. Tonight I tried to use pinpoint and when I hit "Process" pinpoint locked up, nothing would display in the window. I still had camera control, so I disconnected the camera and as soon as it disconnected my pinpoint search started to work and solve as normal.
    My plan was to keep the new laptop and give the older to my Nephew but I think I will make him happy by giving him the new one, too many bugs.

9. Adam Robichaud

Adam Robichaud Lead Developer Staff Member

Sorry about the delay, Mike. This sounds like an old bug we patched out a while back where the cooler window would spawn behind MaxIm DL. Because the Cooler window is modal, you're not able to do anything to MaxIm DL until you close it. There are some tricks like minimizing MaxIm and maximizing it again that can work to give the right window focus. I'll do an investigation to make sure the bug didn't come back.

mike m benjamin likes this.