Off axis guider

Discussion in 'Legacy Models - Community Support' started by Petur Nielsen, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Petur Nielsen

Petur Nielsen Cyanogen Customer

I have STL11000 (maybe time to upgrade - and if so any recommendations?) and an STI-SBIG guider (also the old one that is not available anymore). I have an old FSQ106 and an AP140. I was thinking about getting the MOAG off-axis guider. Will there be any issues with focusing? I do not want to find out after spending almost $900. Also, it seems like the 8 filter option for the STL11000 is not available anymore?
    Thanks
    Petur

2. Doug

Doug Staff Member

3. Petur Nielsen

Thanks. Not clear if I should get the StarChaser SC2 or SC3 for the STL11000 - please advice.
    Petur

4. Doug

Doug Staff Member

I'd recommend the SC-3-SHORT. It will work with or without the external STL filter wheel. It's also larger bore so provides more pick-off mirror clearance with the 11000. Plus it works with the AO-X.

The SC-2 option is mainly for the situation where you have a smaller sensor and don't plan to use the external filter wheel. It can work with the AO-8, which is less expensive than the AO-X but is also quite a bit thicker.

5. Petur Nielsen