FW8G Adapter / 2" Nosepiece Threading

Discussion in 'Aluma CCD Series' started by David Miller, Jun 19, 2019.

1. David Miller

David Miller Cyanogen Customer

I'm trying to thread the 2" Nosepiece into the FW8G adapter plate. I get about 1 turn and the the threads start to bind. If feels like they are different threads, but both parts came with my Aluma 8300 / FW8G order. See attached picture.

I've taken the adapter off the FW8G and checked the adapter and nosepiece for possible burrs or other reasons for binding, but both are in good shape. I even tried a light lubricant, but no difference in threading.

I received the Aluma 8300 / FW8G setup in August last year.

Attached Files:

2. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

One of my colleagues will get this sorted out with you. It sounds like a manufacturing defect.
    Thanks for letting us know. We'll make it right.

3. Doug

Doug Staff Member

Don't try to force it. We had a bad batch - the machine shop cut the wrong threads - and a couple were shipped out before we realized this has happened. We can send you a replacement. If you bought through a dealer please make sure we have your address etc.

We've updated our incoming parts inspection procedure to ensure this doesn't happen again.

4. Doug

Doug Staff Member

Okay I'm told we don't have your contact information. Please send me your details including address, phone, and email in a private message. Just click on my name at left and select Send Private Message.

5. Jose Norono

Jose Norono Standard User

I'm having the same problem with the thread. Didn't notice until now since I was using the AO-8A unit attached to the filter wheel, however, I have to remove it due to back focus issues with a new setup I'm trying. I bought the FW8G as part of an ALUMA 8300 package. Please let me know how to proceed.

Attached Files:

6. Doug

Doug Staff Member

Send me your camera serial number and contact info (phone, email, mailing address) via private message and we'll send you a replacement part.