Staff Assigned: Tim No USB for STT8300?

Discussion in 'Legacy Models - Community Support' started by Ettu, Sep 24, 2020.

1. Ettu

Ettu Cyanogen Customer

I have an STT8300, the 8pos FW with built in guider, an AO-8T, a new Win10 laptop, and a new installation of ver 6.23 M-DL pro software.
    When I go to set up the camera, ( "camera model" "SBIG w/ AO" selected) there is no USB choice for "Connect to". Just 3 versions of parallel, and Ethernet. Is USB no longer available for this camera?

2. Doug

Doug Staff Member

Certainly is.

Make sure your drivers are fully up-to-date - use the SBIG Driver Checker to do that.

Check the Windows Device Manager and make sure the camera shows up correctly.

Make sure your camera is powered up and connected to the computer before you start MaxIm DL. The camera's model should appear in the drop list.

3. Ettu

Ettu Cyanogen Customer

Drivers are up to date, so is the firmware - as checked with the latest Driver Checker

I don't think the camera is showing up correctly
    No matter which USB port I plug it into, it installs a driver called "USBT-Cam Engine" as an "Other" device.
    No reference to SBIG as vendor or product ID

The camera model is not in the drop list

4. Doug

Doug Staff Member

Okay it may be that the camera has lots its settings. Can you set up Teamviewer access to the camera? If so @Tim may be able to log in remotely and sort it out.

5. Tim

Tim Staff Member

This is a very old version of the SBIG drivers. Are you certain you downloaded the latest SBIGDriverChecker64 software from our website?

Try using the SBIGDriverChecker64 software, and uninstall the drivers from within the driver checker software. Then download a fresh copy of the driver checker from here:

ftp://ftp.sbig.com/pub/SetupDriverChecker64.exe

Once downloaded, install it and proceed to run the update from within the driver checker. After updated, check the Windows Device Manager again to see what is loaded.

What firmware versions do you have installed on the camera? You can check the firmware in the driver checker.

If it is still not working, can you send a screenshot of your driver checker software including the version number?

A similar issue is discussed in the following thread.

https://forum.diffractionlimited.com/threads/no-driver-found-error-with-stt-8300.3209/

Bill likes this.
  6. Ettu

Ettu Cyanogen Customer

Got it. Fixed
    I assumed the drivers resided in the STT8300, and were exported to the pc upon connection.
    No,
    the drivers have to be installed in the pc, which then recognize the connected device

Everything is now working

Thank you.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2020