Resolved CFW error motor timeout

Discussion in 'Filter Wheels' started by Dave, Oct 16, 2020.

1. Dave

Dave Standard User

Haven't seen this before. At some point during an automated session I get this error message "SBIG driver error CFW error motor timeout 31004 ". The camera itself continues to operate normally. This appears to involve only the filter wheel. I can resolve it by rebooting the camera and the filter wheel operates normally after that. I can't reproduce the problem outside of automation. All drivers are current. My equipment is: STXL FW8S, 16200. Software is The Sky X, CCD autopilot.

Thanks
    Dave

2. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

Hi Dave,
    Have you tried using the CCDops filter wheel exercise function to verify it is not a hardware issue?
    Also check Windows Power Management, USB Selective Suspend is OFF (disabled); and for all USB devices, USB hubs, USB root hubs, and PCIe devices that [] Allow computer to turn off the device to save power is disabled (unchecked).
    Beyond that:
    - please provide specific versions number of everything. eg TheSkyX 10.5.0 Daily Build 12545
    - contact Software Bisque and makers of CCDAP to see if they have any ideas.

3. Dave

Dave Standard User

Ok thanks. Question on the CCDops exercise function. My exact model (STXL FW8S) is not listed there in the drop down. The closest choices are FW8 STF, STT, STL, STL geared. Which one should I use for the test?
    Thanks
    Dave

4. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

I think STT should be close enough.

5. Dave

Dave Standard User

Ok so what I have so far is: CCDops exercise test complete- no issues there; a couple of usb power settings that I missed I had to uncheck; current TSX version is 12503. CCDAP and FMX could also be updated. I was reluctant to update TSX now because I saw some folks were having problems but if you think this should be done I will go ahead.
    Thanks again
    Dave

6. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

I would hold off on TSX update - we've had a few customer reports that 12545 has issues; and they misplaced/broke SBIG drivers the Mac. I understand they will have this fixed shortly. I just see a lot of people on 3-year old versions.
    Give another shot now that you have the power settings updated.
    If CCDOps was happy, then its not a hardware or driver issue, unless its something really obscure.

7. Dave

Dave Standard User

Ok sounds good. Thanks!
    Dave

8. Dave

Dave Standard User

So far so good! Last night no timeout errors.
    Thanks again
    Dave