filter wheel 31001 busy error

Discussion in 'Legacy Models - Community Support' started by Joshua Bunn, Dec 26, 2020.

1. Joshua Bunn

Joshua Bunn Standard User

Hi there,

Today I went to use my camera in TSX Pro, using the latest daily build, I get the filter wheel is busy error code 31001. I believe this is a SBIG error code. I am using the internal 5 position filter wheel on the STL11K. It connects to the software in both TSX and CCDops but I can not move the filter wheel in either software. I get the filter wheel is busy message. I am using the Auto CFW option in TSX.

I really do not know what to do, I have tried several USB cables, rebooted the PC, power cycled the camera several times, unplugged USB cables, nothing helps. I have looked in the camera, there are no obvious signs of failure, the FW can be turned by hand.

One other thing i should mention... I am using the AOX with the camera, I bought a serial cable to go between the camera and AOX. I plugged the cable in, turned on the camera and it had the 11volt LED blinking despite having a 12.7 volt power supply to it, and would not start up. I also noticed the camera was drawing 1 or 2 more amps at idle (no cooling). So i changed the serial cable out to one that i knew worked (but it was longer) and fired the camera back up. It all worked, it stopped drawing the higher amps, and the camera now started up, the light on the AOX also started to blink which is normal. But now the filter wheel didn't work. I don't know if this did something to the filter wheel.

Are there any fuses I can check that may have blown?

I have run the SBIG 64bit driver checker twice with no benefit.

What else can i do?

Thanks for any help

Regards
    Joshua

Last edited: Dec 27, 2020
  2. Doug

Doug Staff Member

That isn't an SBIG error code. I believe TSX adds extra digits to our camera error codes so that may be confusing the situation.

To start with, try operating the camera and wheel with CCDOPS, and see if you get the same sort of problem. If so please report the error message you get.

3. Joshua Bunn

Hello Doug.

Thanks for your reply, I did already try to operate The camera with CCDOPS, I get The same error message and problem.
    Are there by fuses that may have blown?

Thanks
    Joshua

4. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

5. Joshua Bunn

Hello Colin.

I did open up The back of The camera and checked this fuse, it is good. Are there any others?

Thanks
    Josh

6. Joshua Bunn

I will open up The Filter wheel compartment to make sure The motor is making contact with The FW belt, while I'm there is there any test I can do with a multimeter?
    I need to find out if its a hardware issue, and if so, is there anything I can do to fix it. If there isn't something I can do here for it, and it needs to be sent to you, I need to get it in the mail ASAP for repair.

Regards
    Joshua

7. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

Best thing to do is contact @Bill via bill (at) sbig (dot) com for repair.
    The wiring on the cable that you plugged in could have damaged the I2C interface if it was incorrectly wired for this application.
    If so, then there may be damaged hardware on either the camera or AO side.

8. Joshua Bunn

Thanks Colin, I will send Bill an email.

Josh