Resolved SBIG 16803 - image train rigidity

Discussion in 'STX and STXL Series Cameras' started by Niall MacNeill, Jul 29, 2019.

1. Doug

Doug Staff Member

Essentially the bottom half of the camera is identical, including the fan components.

The fan tachometer signal IS used and should be connected.

2. blackdragon72

blackdragon72 Standard User

I did try to connect all pins and nothing has changed.
    When cooling is turn on, fan stops and cooling % goes up quickly and drops back to 0, I think firmware turn off the cooling as it heats up too quickly.

I remember I could use CCDOps5 to change fan option, but now I can not do it any more. I want to check if I can set fan to 100% but it does not allow me to do so.
    Could you let me know how I can configure fan speed in CCDOps? I am trying to see if I can turn it always on and test.

3. blackdragon72

I tried Mac OSx CCDOpe Lite, the fan runs continuously and cooling is working ( I am not sure if cooling number makes sense, 40% for -40C below ambient).

I also noticed that in SGPro, there is an option "disable fan with TEC", not sure what this for, but this is the exact behavior I am seeing. I am sure this is not the cause because checking/unchecking does not change any behavior, and CCDOps does not have this option.

What should be the "status" LED status when turning on TEC? It is turned off when TEC is turned on.

4. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

This may help:
    sbig_fan.png

5. blackdragon72

Colin,

It works.

Is this config change permanent? Eg if I set fan speed to 100%, it will take effect until I make another change, or I need to repeat this for every session? Any any program (other than CCDOps) will also see the same setting?
    I think the issue was that it was set to 30% long time back and probably the voltage was too low for the new fan. I changed it back to auto and now it is working fine, I can get -50C below ambient with no issue.