Resolved Aluma filter wheel not turning, Software greys out

Discussion in 'Aluma CCD Series' started by Paul Haese, Aug 9, 2021.

1. Paul Haese

Paul Haese Cyanogen Customer

Hi guys,

Camera Aluma 694 with integrated filter wheel and guide camera. All connections checked and appear good.

Software:
    I updated to Maxim 6.27
    Driver to 22
    Utility software 2.02.0

Set up of maxim DL imaging for main camera, DL imaging + FW with dual chip mode selected.

I can take an image with Luminance (filter selected) but if I select another filter it says filter moving at the top, then waiting for filter wheel and then the actual filter selected is greyed out. Consequently nothing happens.

Solutions?

2. Doug

Doug Staff Member

MaxIm DL will now grey out the filter selector until the filter has finished moving. We did that to eliminate any chance of things happening slightly out-of-sequence if the user changed the selection a couple of times in quick succession. (We recently discovered this could potentially happen with some filter wheel models, resulting in the wrong filter being selected. You had to get the timing "just wrong", so it was not a likely failure, but we wanted to eliminate the risk.)

So greying out is normal. Having it not re-enable after the wheel finishes moving is not.

I'll ask @Adam Robichaud to weigh in on this. He might ask you to collect and upload some log files.

3. Paul Haese

Thanks Doug,
    just one thing that has occurred to me is that this was working in 6.26 and 6.25. So something has changed to cause this error. The only way to select the filter is to restart Maxim and reconnect the camera. I noted too though that the filter wheel did not sound like it was moving as it is reasonably loud, so perhaps something is amiss with the filter wheel.

4. Adam Robichaud

Adam Robichaud Lead Developer Staff Member

5. Paul Haese

Ok, I'll review and get back to you and report. Might be a few days now.

6. Paul Haese

Hi Adam and Doug, after a careful inspection I found the source of the problem. The cable which connects to the camera was loose in its connection inside the filter wheel. I am not sure how this occurred but after pushing and reseating the cable it appears to now rotate.

7. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

Ok, thanks for letting us know. I'll mark this as resolved, and we can reopen if there is something else.