Windows DriverChecker64 and Visual C++ 2010

Discussion in 'CCDOPS and SBIG Universal Driver (Retired)' started by EricC, May 30, 2015.

1. EricC

EricC Cyanogen Customer

I tried updating the Windows DriveChecker program and got an error:

Setup has detected that this computer does not meet the requirements to install this software. The following blocking issues must be resolved before you can install Microsoft Visual C++ 2910 X86 Redistributable Setup software Package.
    A newer version of Microsoft VIsual C++ 2010 Redistributable has been detected on the machine.​

I have Version 4.00 Build 14 (64 bit) on my Windows 8.1 64-bit machine and it worked fine. Clicking "Update" says Version 4.88 Build 2, April 23, 2015.

Despite the error, DriveChecker seemed to work fine.
    Should I ignore the error message?

2. Charles Niederriter

Charles Niederriter Standard User

I get the same error message when I first try to install CCDOPS 5.0 for a similar reason, "A newer version of Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable has been detected on the machine." I am reluctant to uninstall the newer version of C++ fearing it will break some other software packages. Is there an easy fix?

3. Doug

Doug Staff Member

If it lets you continue with the install, and then works at all... it will keep working.

We had an issue with the installer earlier; I thought it had been resolved. Is this the latest download from the SBIG web site?

4. Charles Niederriter

Charles Niederriter Standard User

It does work, so I'll just keep my fingers crossed. Thanks.

5. EricC

EricC Cyanogen Customer

Doug, I downloaded the check program May 30 immediately before installing it.
    8,238,488 bytes, version 4.0.0.14

6. Doug

Doug Staff Member

Okay thanks we'll look into it.

7. Adam Robichaud

Adam Robichaud Lead Developer Staff Member

I've got a fix for this lined up for release. We've just got to do some internal reviewing. You can safely ignore the error message. The installer simply failed to detect your computer's existing installation of the Visual C Runtime, and tried to re-install the version we redistribute with the driver checker. Everything will work fine regardless.