Resolved SBIG 64 bit Driver

Discussion in 'Legacy Models - Community Support' started by Larry Phillips, Dec 11, 2021.

1. Larry Phillips

Larry Phillips Cyanogen Customer

I am currently using camera driver version 4.97 build 1 with my ST-10XME camera. I want to use this camera on a new computer. Where do I find the download for this? Or can I copy it from the old computer?
    Larry

Last edited: Dec 11, 2021
  2. William B

William B Cyanogen Customer

Larry.

You will find download links for the driver checker program for legacy cameras on this page:

https://diffractionlimited.com/legacy-product-support/

Both USB and the old parallel port cameras are listed under the Legacy Software Downloads section, I don't know if your camera is USB or Parallel Port hence I did not post a direct link.

William.

3. Larry Phillips

William, thanks. I had found that link, but I was concerned that is 4.9.2. Do you know if after installing that one and I run an update in the driver checker that it will be 4.9.7?

4. Larry Phillips

OK, I went ahead and installed the driver checker and when I updated everything it is now sbigudrv.dll V 5.0.2.0. Will this be a problem with the ST-10XME?
    Larry

5. William B

William B Cyanogen Customer

Hi Larry.

I’m not that knowledgable re’ the SBIG camera drivers but AFAIK the driver checker should automatically provide the latest appropriate driver(s) for the camera connected.

I would be tempted to connect the camera and give it a try, it’ll either work properly or fail with an error message.

The Diffraction Limited staff don’t look into the forum so frequently outside of the normal working week so it may not be until Monday before they are around to categorically answer your question.

William.

6. Larry Phillips

Thanks again. It is a brand new computer that does not have much astro software loaded so far so I can't connect to the camera yet. Maybe some reassurance from DL will come before I am ready.
    Larry

7. Doug

Doug Staff Member

You should use the latest version of the drivers and control software.

8. Larry Phillips

Thanks Doug. The thread under CCDOPS and Universal SBIG Driver was helpful also.