Resolved Error Unknown sensor color pattern. Got=3

Discussion in 'Aluma AC Series CMOS' started by Ira Bell, Jan 6, 2022.

1. Ira Bell

Ira Bell Cyanogen Customer

Hi all,

I am out working at an observatory today and recently got the error shown below on the AC4040 when in DL Config. I have tried power cycling and plugging in the USB cables to different ports without success. I also performed a firmware update (even though I was already on firmware version 6). The camera was previously working so this is new. The only software thing I've done today is upgrade from Maxim LT to Maxim DL Pro (suite) whereby I added an updated license key. From a hardware perspective, I power cycled the camera and when it came back up this is what I see. Would appreciate any help. No idea what to do to solve this! Thanks, Ira

AC4040-Error.png

2. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

Our folks will have to look at this tomorrow - they've gone home for the day, and I've never seen this.
    Was there any error message when you updated the firmware (which you didnt need to do) ?

What's the camera serial number (on the sticker on the body) ?

One thing you might try:
    Shut down the PC (AC power off), power off the USB hubs, and power off the AC4040 and SC3.
    Disconnect SC3 and AC4040 USB cables.
    Boot up the PC.
    Power up the AC4040 and plug in it's USB. Don't plug in the SC-3.

Launch Windows Device Manager, and look for the SBIG Camera in the USB devices.

If it's not there, then run Windows update - and if it offer Optional Drivers - and then select that, check for SBIG Camera or FTDIchip devices, and install the.

If it's there, then launch DL Config, and see if it comes up in the list.

3. Ira Bell

Colin,

SN: AC4040M-21040501

I followed the steps you noted without any productive results. The same error is showing in DL Config. I did note that in DL Config it now says "Camera EGain is corrupted" which I don't see in the screenshot above (see the new screen shot below). Of note, I have installed the SBIG Driver Checker and have gone through that process. I did check Windows Update as you noted without any updated drivers showing up. I can manually select Have Disk and select the FTDIchip devices and select SBIG Camera, which changes the driver to whatever Windows has - but in either case (whether using the downloaded SBIG drivers, FTDIchip devices, or those that came on the USB Drive with the camera) I still see "SBIG Camera" in Device Manager and is says that the device is operating propertly.

With respect to the Firmware update - it is successful and provides one final message saying to power cycle the device to complete the firmware update. When I do that, DL Config will eventually crash out - but when I reopen it the error persists. Thanks for the note about not updating the firmware - I won't do that again unless requested, etc. Was just trying to problem solve on my end first.

Camera EGain is corrupted.png

4. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

I think the camera's factory configuration data has been somewhat corrupted, and that is why we're seeing the errors.

I think my colleague @Adam Robichaud is going to have to lend a hand tomorrow.
    Would it be possible to use TeamViewer or another remote access program to connect to the PC that has the camera attached?
    Then I'm hoping he can log in, and use some tools to reset the configuration of the camera, as well as figure out what incantation caused this.

As a small FYI SBIG Driver Checker has nothing to do with these cameras - it is for the older ST/STL/STT/STF/STXL/STX CCD cameras.
    DL Config handles the modern Aluma CCD, Aluma AC, SC and STC cameras.

5. Ira Bell

Ah, regarding driver checker - that makes sense. I felt like something was missing from the driver checker process for this setup. Now I understand!

With respect to TeamVewer, absolutely. I have it installed and ready to go (also have RDP available). Very curious what might have happened to cause this and how I can ensure it never happens again. Looking forward to connecting with Adam, et all.

6. Adam Robichaud

Adam Robichaud Lead Developer Staff Member

Hi Ira, can you send me a private message with your TeamViewer connection details? I suspect this is just a corrupted EEPROM. If it is, this should be a quick fix.

7. Ira Bell

You bet. Sending now.

8. Ira Bell

Update on this for anyone who happens upon this thread. The camera had a faulty board and other issues, I was sent a new replacement camera.