Images appear to be low on signal from STF-8300M

Discussion in 'STF Series CCD Cameras' started by Larry Groom, Nov 30, 2022.

1. Larry Groom

Larry Groom Cyanogen Customer

I've been taking some NB images and noticed that the signal seemed low even though I was taking
    20 min images. I'll include a link to Dropbox where three FITS images are located. These three images were taken in succession and show a "normal" image signal, then a "Blown out" signal and finally a low signal image. The images taken after that were all low signal. (I used PixInsight to look at these images) I also noticed the focusing software was changing the exposure times during a focus run from 1.3 seconds to 9 seconds to get proper signal. I'm wondering if this is a hardware issue, ie an amplifier in the camera getting weak etc. Software settings have not changed and Firmware is up to date in the camera.

Any ideas?

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/h6ub73eoy0ni78z/AAAEoReJWElvgq52TgHXwYFBa?dl=0

Also, what is the current status of repairing the STF-8300?

Thanks

Larry
    lobo59@me.com

2. Doug

Doug Staff Member

I loaded all three in MaxIm DL and they all look very similar in terms of data range. Perhaps it's a settings issue in PixInsight?

I'll have to refer the second question to @Tim

3. Tim

Tim Staff Member

Are you looking to send your camera in for repair?

4. Larry Groom

Larry Groom Cyanogen Customer

Possibly. I have a spare STF-8300 and have swapped the cameras. Unfortunately it's cloudy but if I can take similar
    images without the problem I'd like to send the camera in to have it looked at.

Thanks

Larry

5. Tim

Tim Staff Member

If you wish to send it in for service, please submit the following RMA contact form to begin the return process.

http://diffractionlimited.com/request-rma