1. Martin Pugh

Martin Pugh Cyanogen Customer

Gents
    can you just confirm that the STX Guider does not require the DL Imaging driver, but is configured as 'Imagers Built in autoguider' 'External'. It is being using with an STX 16803 and AOX.

Additional question: I can put a bright guide star on the sensor, use 0.02 second exposures and the sensor saturates. If I drop down to 0.019 or anything less, there is no data at all. As soon as I put it back to 0.02 seconds, the bright star reappears.

Why is that?

Thanks
    Martin

Last edited: Jan 23, 2023
  2. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

Correct, the STX Guider is an SBIG Universal Device, connected as the External remote guide head on the main camera.

What software and sbigudrv.dll version are you using ?
    Are you using darks, autodarks, or none?
    The STX Guider has a tiny shutter that is only used for dark frames, and the sensor itself is an Interline transfer CCD. So I would expect it could handle it, provided the mechanical shutter isn't being used to chop the light, as it will have a physical limit.
    1/50th second is pretty fast. How big a scope? Magnitude of guide star?

3. Martin Pugh

Martin Pugh Cyanogen Customer

Colin....autodarks are being used. The scope is a CDK14 and the guide star was mag 5.6. All drivers are up to date.
    This seems related to the STX Guider as I can use much shorter exposures on the SC3.