Storage temp/humidity STF-8300

Discussion in 'Legacy Models - Community Support' started by Miguel Garcia, Jul 3, 2015.

1. Miguel Garcia

Miguel Garcia Standard User

Looking for storage maximum temperature and humidity specs for the STF-8300...can't find in documentation.

thanks.

2. Doug

Doug Staff Member

I don't think any have been published. I'd recommend -40C to +50C, non-condensing.

3. Miguel Garcia

Doug thanks much...just bought a hygrometer/temp sensor to keep an eye on this specs!...love my STF would not want it damaged.

4. Doug

Doug Staff Member

If you live in a humid area, and you are leaving your camera in an observatory but otherwise unprotected, it may be a good idea to leave it powered up but with the cooler turned off. The camera will self-heat very slightly, which will help prevent any condensation. If you leave the cooler off it will help minimize migration of humidity into the chamber.

Please do make sure the camera is protected from dripping water, and if it ever gets rained on make sure you dry it out thoroughly. We had a camera returned recently, which had clear evidence of a puddle sitting inside the camera for a protracted period. It had corroded the internal EMI shield and damaged the circuit board.

5. Miguel Garcia

Doug thanks much for the insight, plan to have under cover with dehumidifiers....